⏳ WHAT IF TOMORROW IS WORSE?
Sunday Evening — October 4, 2026
It's an uncomfortable question.
But perhaps we need uncomfortable questions.
What if tomorrow is worse than today?
What if the next crisis is bigger?
What if another war begins?
What if the economy becomes more difficult?
What if another disaster strikes?
What if violence reaches closer to home?
What if something we thought could never happen—happens?
And perhaps an even more important question:
ARE YOU SPIRITUALLY PREPARED?
We spend enormous amounts of time preparing for things that may never happen.
We insure our homes.
We insure our cars.
We save money.
We make retirement plans.
We check weather forecasts.
We charge our phones.
We install security systems.
We schedule medical examinations.
There is nothing wrong with responsible preparation.
But somehow, millions of people prepare for almost everything except eternity.
🕯️ JESUS TOLD A STORY ABOUT THIS
Matthew 25 tells us about ten virgins waiting for the bridegroom.
Five were wise.
Five were foolish.
All ten were waiting.
All ten had lamps.
All ten became drowsy.
But only five were prepared when the moment arrived.
Then suddenly came the announcement:
“Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.” — Matthew 25:6
The crisis wasn't that the bridegroom came.
They knew he was coming.
The crisis was that some had become complacent while waiting.
That warning still speaks.
⚠️ COMPLACENCY WHISPERS, “THERE'S PLENTY OF TIME.”
Tomorrow.
Next week.
Someday.
When life settles down.
When I'm older.
When I have fewer problems.
Then I'll pray.
Then I'll get serious about God.
Then I'll forgive.
Then I'll reconcile with my family.
Then I'll surrender my life to Christ.
Then I'll tell somebody about Jesus.
Then I'll do what God has been telling me to do.
But Scripture warns:
“Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” — Proverbs 27:1
None of us has been promised tomorrow.
🔥 SO WHAT DO WE DO TONIGHT?
Before this Sunday ends, ask yourself:
Is my relationship with Jesus Christ where it should be?
Is there something God has told me to do that I keep postponing?
Is there somebody I need to forgive?
Is there somebody I need to call?
Is there someone who needs to hear about Jesus from me?
Have I become so comfortable with the world around me that I've stopped recognizing the spiritual urgency of the hour?
Because there is something even more dangerous than living in uncertain times.
It is living in uncertain times while pretending everything is normal.
We don't know what tomorrow's headlines will say.
We don't know what tomorrow will bring.
But we know Who holds tomorrow.
So don't live frightened.
Don't live panicked.
Don't live obsessed with every headline.
But neither should you live asleep.
Live ready.
Live faithfully.
Live prayerfully.
Live compassionately.
Live courageously.
And live every day knowing that Jesus Christ is still Lord.
COMPLACENCY SAYS, “NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.”
WISDOM SAYS, “WHATEVER HAPPENS, I WILL BE READY.”
Lord, thank You for another day. Forgive us where we have become comfortable, distracted, indifferent, or spiritually asleep. Help us recognize the times without fearing them. Teach us to number our days, redeem our time, love people deeply, share Christ boldly, and live ready for whatever tomorrow brings. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Tonight, before you go to sleep, ask yourself one question:
If tomorrow changes everything, am I ready today?
HELP US HELP THEM—ONE SOUL AT A TIME.
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International — Your Feet to the Nations
We are your eyes, ears, mouths, and feet in Asia.
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
100% of our book royalties support our missionary and outreach efforts.
@YouVersion @BibleGateway @SamaritansPurse
#BeReady #NoMoreComplacency #JesusChrist #KnowTheTimes #WatchAndPray #FaithOverFear #ChristianLiving #SpiritualAwakening #Gospel #Prayer #Eternity #PilgrimOutreachMinistries

Comments
Post a Comment