BEFORE YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES TONIGHT
“I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.” — Psalm 4:8
Another day is coming to an end.
Some things went right.
Some things went wrong.
Some prayers were answered.
Others seem as though they never made it past the ceiling.
You accomplished some things.
You left others unfinished.
Perhaps you said something you wish you could take back.
Maybe somebody said something to you that you're still replaying in your mind.
But before you carry today's burdens into tomorrow, there is something you need to do:
Give this day back to God.
You cannot change what happened at 9:00 this morning.
You cannot redo that conversation at noon.
You cannot rewrite what happened this afternoon.
But you can decide what you will carry into tomorrow.
And some things need to remain right here.
The anger.
The disappointment.
The worry.
The regret.
The unanswered questions.
The fear.
The frustration.
Leave them with God tonight.
Jesus said:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” — Matthew 11:28
Notice what He didn't say.
He didn't say, “Come when you have figured everything out.”
He said:
Come.
Come tired.
Come confused.
Come disappointed.
Come hurting.
Come uncertain.
Come after making mistakes.
Come when you don't know what tomorrow holds.
Just come.
Before You Sleep, Pray This
Father, thank You for allowing me to see another day.
Thank You for every blessing I noticed and every blessing I overlooked.
Forgive me where I failed You today.
Forgive me where I failed others.
Help me forgive those who hurt or disappointed me.
I give You the things I cannot fix tonight.
I give You my family.
I give You my finances.
I give You my health.
I give You my future.
I give You my unanswered prayers.
I give You tomorrow before tomorrow ever arrives.
Watch over my home and those I love.
Give rest to the weary, comfort to the hurting, hope to the discouraged, provision to those in need, and salvation to those who do not yet know Jesus Christ.
And if You allow me to awaken tomorrow morning, help me live that day better than I lived this one.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Tonight, you don't need to solve tomorrow.
You need to trust the One who is already there.
Close your eyes.
Release the day.
God is still awake.
Good night. God is still in control.
HELP US HELP THEM—ONE SOUL AT A TIME.
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations
We are your eyes, ears, mouths, and feet in Asia.
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International Bookstore
Knowledge and Wisdom in Book Form
100% of our book royalties support our missionary and outreach efforts.
@YouVersion @BibleGateway @SamaritansPurse @BillyGraham @Franklin_Graham @CBNNews @700club @ChristianityToday @Crosswalk_com @BibleStudyTools
#StandInFaith #GodIsForUs #FearNot #Romans831 #Isaiah5417 #WholeArmorOfGod #Ephesians613 #2Kings616 #FaithOverFear #WalkByFaith #TrustGod #PrayerWorks #JesusChrist #ChristianEncouragement #BibleTruth #Gospel #Missions #PhilippinesMissions #PilgrimOutreachMinistries #YourFeetToTheNations #HelpUsHelpThem

Comments
Post a Comment