READ YOUR BIBLE THROUGH IN ONE YEAR

Don't Just Own a Bible—Read It!

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” — Psalm 119:105

How many Bibles do you have in your home?

One? Two? Five? Maybe more?

Now comes the more important question:

How often do you actually read them?

Not occasionally.

Not only when the pastor announces a Scripture on Sunday morning.

Not only when trouble comes.

Not simply a favorite Psalm or a familiar verse.

Have you ever read the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation?

If the answer is no, today is an excellent day to begin.

Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International is making available our Read Your Bible Through In One Year reading plan, and I personally invite you to download your copy and start your journey through God's Word.

📖 DOWNLOAD THE READING PLAN:
https://tinyurl.com/4ehswyde


I'VE USED THIS PLAN SINCE 1998

This isn't a reading plan that I found yesterday and decided to recommend.

I have personally used this same plan since 1998.

Year after year.

Genesis to Revelation.

Then begin again.

Why?

Because after all these years of preaching, teaching, pastoring, writing, missionary work, and studying Scripture, I have discovered something very important:

You never graduate from the Word of God.

You can read a passage you have read dozens of times and suddenly see something you never noticed before.

You can encounter a familiar verse during a completely different season of life, and suddenly those words speak directly into your circumstances.

The Bible hasn't changed.

But you have.

Your circumstances have changed.

Your experiences have changed.

Your responsibilities have changed.

Your questions have changed.

And the Holy Spirit can illuminate God's Word in ways that speak directly to where you are today.


66 BOOKS. ONE INCREDIBLE STORY.

The Bible contains 66 books, written across centuries by numerous human writers, yet together they reveal God's redemptive plan.

When we only read isolated verses, we can miss the magnificent larger picture.

Genesis introduces us to creation, humanity's fall, God's covenant, and the beginnings of His redemptive plan.

Exodus shows deliverance.

The historical books reveal triumph, failure, judgment, mercy, kings, nations, obedience, and rebellion.

Psalms teaches us to worship, pray, cry, rejoice, repent, trust, and hope.

Proverbs gives wisdom for everyday living.

The prophets warn, plead, promise, and point forward.

Then we arrive at the Gospels.

Jesus Christ.

His birth.

His ministry.

His teachings.

His miracles.

His Cross.

His Resurrection.

Acts shows the Gospel spreading.

The Epistles teach the Church how to believe and live.

And Revelation reminds us that history is moving toward a divinely appointed conclusion.

From “In the beginning God...” in Genesis 1:1 to the final “Amen” of Revelation 22:21, Scripture tells the greatest story ever written.

And you should read it for yourself.


“PASTOR, I DON'T HAVE TIME.”

I understand busy schedules.

But let's consider what one year contains:

365 days.

You don't have to read the entire Bible this week.

You don't have to finish Genesis tonight.

You don't have to turn Bible reading into an exhausting religious exercise.

You simply need to begin—and remain consistent.

A little today.

A little tomorrow.

A little the next day.

Day after day, those chapters add up.

And before you realize it, books of the Bible that may once have seemed intimidating begin fitting together.

Names become familiar.

Events connect.

Prophecies make more sense.

The ministry of Jesus becomes richer.

The letters of Paul gain context.

And Scripture begins explaining Scripture.


DON'T WAIT UNTIL JANUARY 1

This is important.

Some people think a one-year Bible-reading plan must begin on January 1.

It doesn't.

If you're reading this on January 1, start today.

If you're reading it in April, start today.

If you're reading it in September, start today.

If you're reading it on December 29, start December 29.

Your goal isn't to keep up with everybody else's calendar.

Your goal is to get into God's Word.

Your “Day One” begins whenever you decide:

I'm going to read my Bible.


WHAT IF I FALL BEHIND?

Then pick it back up.

Please don't turn Bible reading into condemnation.

You may miss a day.

You may miss several.

Life happens.

Don't allow three missed days to become three missed months because you decided you “failed.”

Start again.

The objective isn't to put a checkmark beside 365 boxes so we can boast that we completed a program.

The objective is knowing God and His Word more deeply.

This is relationship—not a race.


READ IT. THINK ABOUT IT. PRAY OVER IT. LIVE IT.

Don't merely race through the chapters trying to complete the day's assignment.

Slow down enough to listen.

Ask:

Lord, what are You showing me?

What does this passage reveal about You?

Is there something I need to change?

Is there a promise I need to believe?

Is there a warning I need to heed?

Is there something I need to obey?

Is there someone I need to forgive?

Is there something I need to surrender?

Then carry what you've read into your day.

Because the purpose of reading Scripture isn't simply to get through the Bible.

The greater purpose is allowing the Bible to get through us.


YOUR BIBLE SHOULDN'T JUST DECORATE YOUR HOME

A Bible sitting unopened on a table cannot instruct you.

A Bible collecting dust cannot correct you.

A Bible remaining on a bookshelf cannot encourage you during tomorrow morning's battle.

Open it.

Read it.

Study it.

Believe it.

Pray it.

Live it.

Share it.

The Psalmist wrote:

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” — Psalm 119:11

You cannot hide in your heart what you never put into your heart.


WILL YOU TAKE THE CHALLENGE?

I began using this Bible-reading plan in 1998.

I'm still reading.

I'm still studying.

I'm still learning.

And after all these years, I am still amazed at what God can show us through His Word.

Now I want to invite you to join the journey.

Whether you have been saved for fifty years or accepted Jesus Christ yesterday...

Whether you have read the Bible many times or have never made it beyond Genesis...

Whether you're 18 or 88...

Begin.

Don't worry about how far you have to go.

Just read today's portion.

Then tomorrow, do it again.

And again.

And again.

One day at a time.

One chapter at a time.

One year with God's Word.

Imagine where your relationship with God could be 365 days from now.


📖 DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE READING PLAN

READ YOUR BIBLE THROUGH IN ONE YEAR

Download your copy here:

https://tinyurl.com/4ehswyde

Don't wait for January. Don't wait for Monday. Don't wait until life slows down.

Begin reading today.

Because there may never be a more important book you will read than the one God has already given you.

Open your Bible. Your journey begins now.


Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations

🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com

HELP SOMEONE ELSE BEGIN

Know someone who has always wanted to read the entire Bible?

Share this post and the reading plan with them.

Better yet, invite them to take the journey with you.

Two friends.

A husband and wife.

A family.

A Sunday School class.

A church.

A Bible-study group.

Let's get people back into the Word of God.

@YouVersion @BibleGateway @AmericanBibleSociety @BibleProject @Crossway @TyndaleHouse @OurDailyBread @ChristianityToday

#ReadYourBible #BibleInOneYear #BibleReadingPlan #WordOfGod #BibleStudy #DailyBibleReading #Scripture #JesusChrist #ChristianLiving #ChristianGrowth #Faith #KnowYourBible #StudyTheBible #ReadTheBible #PilgrimOutreachMinistries #YourFeetToTheNations

Comments