✋ EXCUSE ME… DID I CATCH YOU AT A BAD TIME?

When the Running Stops, the Buzz Clears, and You Still Have Life to Face

Excuse me.

Yes, you.

Did I catch you at a bad time?

You've barely slept for days.

You've been going from one place to another, one party to another, one screen to another, one conversation to another.

You're laughing.

You're surrounded by people.

You're posting pictures.

You're staying busy.

You're having a good time—or at least that's what you keep telling everybody.

“I'M JUST ENJOYING LIFE.”

Okay.

But may I ask you something?

What happens when everybody goes home?

What happens when the music stops?

What happens when you put the phone down?

What happens when the excitement wears off?

What happens when the buzz clears?

Because sooner or later—

YOU STILL HAVE LIFE TO FACE.

And if we're being truthful, there are some things waiting for you there that scare you.


🌙 YOU CAN RUN ALL DAY—BUT EVENTUALLY NIGHT COMES

Maybe that's why you keep moving.

If you stay busy enough, perhaps you won't have to think.

If you stay around enough people, perhaps you won't feel lonely.

If you keep laughing, perhaps nobody will notice the hurt.

If you keep scrolling, perhaps your mind won't wander toward the things you've been avoiding.

If you keep partying, perhaps tomorrow won't arrive quite so quickly.

But it always does.

Eventually the room gets quiet.

Eventually you're alone with yourself.

And there it is again.

The worry.

The regret.

The loneliness.

The fear.

The questions.

The uncertainty about tomorrow.

The things you've done.

The things done to you.

The bills.

The relationships.

The family problems.

The future.

And maybe one question you don't particularly want to think about:

“WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?”


🏃 YOU CAN OUTRUN PEOPLE—BUT YOU CAN'T OUTRUN YOURSELF

You can change cities.

Change jobs.

Change relationships.

Change friends.

Change hairstyles.

Change your social-media profile.

Change what people know about you.

But wherever you go—

YOU GO WITH YOU.

That's why changing what's around us doesn't always change what's happening inside us.

The party can distract you.

The bottle can numb you.

The screen can occupy you.

The relationship can temporarily make you feel complete.

The money can make life more comfortable.

Success can earn applause.

But eventually you discover that temporary relief and genuine peace are not the same thing.


❤️ MAYBE YOU'RE JUST TIRED

Not the kind of tired another eight hours of sleep fixes.

I'm talking about soul tired.

Tired of pretending.

Tired of performing.

Tired of worrying.

Tired of carrying guilt.

Tired of disappointing yourself.

Tired of wondering whether you're enough.

Tired of trying to make everybody happy.

Tired of wondering what people think about you.

Tired of trying to figure everything out.

Tired of running.

And perhaps underneath all that noise is something you've been afraid to admit:

“I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.”

Then I would like to introduce you to Someone.

Not another program.

Not another influencer.

Not another temporary escape.

Not another motivational slogan.

Wait for it...

✝️ JESUS CHRIST.


🙏 “PASTOR, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE DONE.”

You're right.

I don't.

But Jesus does.

And here's the remarkable thing:

HE STILL WANTS YOU.

You don't have to clean yourself up before approaching Him.

You don't have to get everything straight first.

You don't have to learn religious vocabulary.

You don't have to pretend you aren't struggling.

You don't have to hide your past.

He already knows.

Jesus said:

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” — Matthew 11:28

Notice He didn't say:

“Come when you've fixed everything.”

He said:

“COME UNTO ME.”


💔 YOU'VE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE—WHY NOT JESUS?

Maybe you've tried relationships.

Alcohol.

Drugs.

Gaming.

Partying.

Social media.

Work.

Money.

Sex.

Travel.

Shopping.

Achievement.

Popularity.

Maybe you've tried religion.

Maybe you've even tried church.

And somehow you're still searching.

Please understand something:

JESUS ISN'T ASKING TO BECOME YOUR NEXT DISTRACTION.

He's offering something fundamentally different.

Forgiveness.

Reconciliation with God.

A new beginning.

Purpose.

Hope.

Peace with God.

And eternal life.


✝️ THE PROBLEM IS DEEPER THAN OUR CIRCUMSTANCES

Sometimes we think:

“If I could just get more money...”

“If I could just find the right person...”

“If I could just get that job...”

“If I could just move somewhere else...”

“If I could just fix this one problem...”

Then everything would finally be okay.

Those things may improve circumstances.

But Scripture identifies a deeper human problem:

SIN.

Romans 3:23 says:

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”

Not some.

ALL.

That includes me.

That includes you.

We need more than improved circumstances.

We need reconciliation with God.


❤️ AND GOD DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT

The Gospel isn't the story of humanity climbing its way toward God.

It's the story of God coming after us.

Jesus Christ came.

He lived.

He died upon the Cross for our sins.

He was buried.

He rose again.

And salvation is offered to us through Him.

The Bible says:

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” — Romans 5:8

Read that again.

Not when we became perfect.

Not when we stopped struggling.

Not when we finally deserved Him.

“WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS.”

That's grace.


🚪 YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER ESCAPE ROUTE

You've probably tried enough of those.

What you need is a way home.

Jesus said:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” — John 14:6

That's an extraordinary claim.

Jesus didn't say:

“I'll show you one possible way.”

He said:

“I AM THE WAY.”


📖 SO HOW CAN I BE SAVED?

This is where I want to make the message unmistakably clear.

Romans 10:9–10 says:

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

And:

“For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

There it is.

BELIEVE.

CONFESS.

COME TO JESUS CHRIST.

Salvation isn't something you purchase.

You cannot earn it by becoming religious enough.

You cannot erase your past by doing enough good deeds.

You cannot save yourself.

Paul wrote:

“For by grace are ye saved through faith... it is the gift of God.” — Ephesians 2:8

SALVATION IS GOD'S GIFT.

But a gift must be received.


🙏 WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST?

If you've been running—

you can stop.

If you've been hiding—

you can come out.

If you've been pretending—

you can tell God the truth.

If you've been afraid—

bring the fear with you.

If you've made a mess of things—

bring the mess.

You don't need fancy words.

Prayer itself does not save you; Jesus Christ saves. But prayer can express the repentance, faith, and confession of a heart turning toward Him.

If that describes you, you can pray something like this:

🙏 A PRAYER OF SALVATION

Heavenly Father,

I come to You just as I am.

I know that I have sinned and fallen short of Your glory. I cannot save myself, and I don't want to keep running from You.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

I believe that He died upon the Cross for my sins.

I believe that You raised Him from the dead.

Lord Jesus, forgive me.

Cleanse me.

Save me.

I confess Jesus Christ as my Lord, and I place my faith and trust in Him.

Turn my life around.

Teach me to follow You.

Give me strength to leave behind the things that are destroying me.

Help me become the person You created me to be.

Thank You for loving me.

Thank You for Your grace.

Thank You for salvation.

From this day forward, I belong to You.

In Jesus' name, Amen.


❤️ NOW WHAT?

If you sincerely turned to Jesus Christ today—

don't stop here.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING.

Get a Bible.

Start reading the Gospel of John.

Pray every day.

Find a Bible-believing church where Jesus Christ is preached and Scripture is taught.

Tell another Christian about the decision you've made.

Ask questions.

Learn.

Grow.

And when you stumble—and there may be times when you do—

GET BACK UP AND KEEP WALKING WITH JESUS.

Christianity isn't about pretending you're suddenly perfect.

It's about belonging to the One who is transforming you.


🌅 TOMORROW WILL STILL COME

Giving your life to Jesus doesn't mean your bills magically disappear tomorrow morning.

It doesn't mean every broken relationship immediately repairs itself.

It doesn't mean you'll never experience grief.

It doesn't mean you'll never face another difficult day.

Jesus never promised us a trouble-free life.

What changes is this:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO FACE LIFE WITHOUT HIM.

That's enormous.

When morning comes and reality is waiting—

Jesus is there.

When you're afraid—

Jesus is there.

When you're confused—

Jesus is there.

When everybody else leaves—

Jesus is there.

When you don't know what tomorrow holds—

JESUS IS ALREADY THERE.


✋ SO… DID I CATCH YOU AT A BAD TIME?

Maybe.

Maybe you were busy.

Maybe you were scrolling.

Maybe you were getting ready to go somewhere.

Maybe you almost skipped this post.

But perhaps I didn't catch you at a bad time at all.

MAYBE I CAUGHT YOU AT EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME.

Perhaps the running has finally exhausted you.

Perhaps the buzz has finally worn off.

Perhaps the noise has finally become quiet enough for you to hear the question inside your heart:

“Is there something more?”

Yes.

His name is—

✝️ JESUS CHRIST.

Stop running long enough to meet Him.

You might discover that the One you've been running from—

IS THE ONE YOU'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ALL ALONG.


HELP US HELP THEM—ONE SOUL AT A TIME.

Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations

We are your eyes, ears, mouths, and feet in Asia.

🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com

Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International Bookstore
Knowledge and Wisdom in Book Form

100% of our book royalties support our missionary and outreach efforts.

@YouVersion @BibleGateway @BGEA @SamaritansPurse @CBNNews @ChristianityToday @CharismaMag @ChurchLeaders @OutreachMag @Crosswalk_com

#JesusChrist #JesusSaves #Salvation #PrayerOfSalvation #Romans109 #Romans1010 #ComeToJesus #MeetJesus #Gospel #GoodNews #BornAgain #SavedByGrace #Grace #Forgiveness #EternalLife #NewLife #NewBeginning #Hope #Peace #Faith #Christianity #ChristianFaith #Bible #WordOfGod #John146 #Matthew1128 #Romans323 #Romans58 #Ephesians28 #StopRunning #ComeAsYouAre #GodLovesYou #GiveYourLifeToJesus #FollowJesus #KnowJesus #LifeWithJesus #HopeInJesus #PilgrimOutreachMinistriesInternational #POMI #YourFeetToTheNations #HelpUsHelpThem #OneSoulAtATime

Comments