📖 BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT #2
THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN FOR THE PERSON NOBODY KNOWS IS HURTING
You’re Hurting. I Understand. But Suicide Is Not the Answer
The first announcement was about the 26-year journey that finally brought this book into the world.
Today, I want to talk about why it needed to be written.
Because somewhere tonight, somebody is hurting—and almost nobody knows it.
They went to work today.
They answered the telephone.
They responded to messages.
They laughed at somebody's joke.
They may have gone to church.
They may have cooked dinner for their family.
They may have posted something funny on social media.
And everyone around them thinks:
“They're doing fine.”
But they're not.
Behind the smile is pain.
Behind the laughter is exhaustion.
Behind the words “I'm okay” may be a battle nobody else can see.
That is the person I had in mind when I wrote:
YOU’RE HURTING. I UNDERSTAND. BUT SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER
Hope, Healing, and the God Who Never Stopped Loving You
Now available through Amazon KDP in:
📕 Paperback
📘 Hardcover
📱 Kindle eBook
Amazon ASIN: B0HL5VQ1FB
👉 https://tinyurl.com/yn5ssvej
💔 YOU CAN BE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE AND STILL FEEL ALONE
One of the most dangerous assumptions we can make is that someone who appears happy must be happy.
Pain doesn't always look like tears.
Depression doesn't always announce itself.
Trauma doesn't always explain itself.
Grief doesn't follow a timetable.
Loneliness can exist in a crowded room.
And sometimes the person everybody depends upon is quietly wondering:
“Who can I depend on?”
The strong friend can hurt.
The pastor can hurt.
The veteran can hurt.
The teenager can hurt.
The athlete can hurt.
The mother can hurt.
The father can hurt.
The college student can hurt.
The successful businessman or woman can hurt.
The person sitting beside you in church can hurt.
Human pain does not check bank accounts, titles, popularity, education, age, race, nationality, or social status before entering someone's life.
Sometimes people become extremely skilled at hiding it.
That's one reason this book exists.
🪑 I DIDN'T WRITE THIS BOOK TO PREACH AT HURTING PEOPLE
Yes, I am a preacher.
Yes, I believe the Bible.
Yes, I believe in prayer.
Yes, I believe Jesus Christ changes lives.
But someone in suicidal crisis does not need me standing ten feet away shouting:
“You need more faith!”
I would rather pull up a chair.
Sit down.
Look them in the eye.
And say:
“Talk to me.”
“Tell me where it hurts.”
“You don't have to pretend with me.”
“Let's get through this moment together.”
That's the spirit in which this book was written.
Not condemnation.
Compassion.
Not judgment.
Conversation.
Not shame.
Hope.
❤️ YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FIX YOUR ENTIRE LIFE TONIGHT
Sometimes when people are overwhelmed, tomorrow feels too big.
Next month feels impossible.
Next year cannot even be imagined.
So don't start there.
Let's start smaller.
Can you make it through the next hour?
Can you tell somebody what's happening?
Can you make the call?
Can you send the text?
Can you sit with someone instead of being alone?
Can you allow somebody to help carry what has become too heavy to carry by yourself?
You don't have to solve every problem tonight.
You don't have to know how everything will work out.
You don't have to have all the answers.
You just need to stay.
Stay long enough to discover that feelings can change.
Stay long enough for somebody to help.
Stay long enough for treatment to begin working.
Stay long enough for the darkness to lift.
Stay long enough to discover possibilities you cannot see from where you are standing today.
🙏 FAITH AND PROFESSIONAL HELP ARE NOT ENEMIES
This is something I emphasize throughout the book.
Pray.
But also talk.
Reach out.
Seek appropriate professional care.
Talk to your physician.
Talk to a qualified mental-health professional.
Talk to your pastor.
Talk to someone you trust.
If medication is appropriately prescribed, taking it does not mean you've abandoned God.
Seeing a counselor does not mean prayer failed.
Going to a hospital does not mean you don't have faith.
God has never required us to choose between prayer and appropriate help.
Sometimes the answer to our prayer comes through another person's hands.
📖 WHAT WILL YOU FIND INSIDE THIS BOOK?
We talk about the things people sometimes whisper about but desperately need to discuss openly.
Depression.
Trauma.
Grief.
PTSD.
Loneliness.
Failure.
Invisible wounds.
Suicidal thoughts.
The power of being heard.
Professional treatment.
Pastoral care.
Family support.
Faith.
Prayer.
Crisis intervention.
Safety planning.
Life after a suicide attempt.
Helping someone you love.
And the terrible grief experienced by those left behind after a suicide death.
But running throughout those difficult subjects is one message:
THERE IS STILL HOPE.
📚 MAYBE THIS BOOK ISN'T FOR YOU
Maybe you're doing well.
Maybe suicide has never entered your thoughts.
Maybe you've never experienced depression so heavy that getting out of bed felt like an accomplishment.
Thank God.
But perhaps this book isn't meant to remain on your bookshelf.
Maybe it belongs in somebody else's hands.
A son.
A daughter.
A grandchild.
A veteran.
A coworker.
A church member.
A student.
A neighbor.
A friend who suddenly stopped calling.
Someone who recently experienced tremendous loss.
Someone whose “I'm fine” doesn't sound quite right anymore.
You may never know what someone is fighting privately.
And sometimes the greatest ministry we can offer another human being begins with four simple words:
“HOW ARE YOU—REALLY?”
Then stop.
Listen.
And give them permission to answer honestly.
❤️ PLEASE DON'T WAIT UNTIL THERE IS A FUNERAL
We often discover after a tragedy that there were signs we didn't recognize.
Conversations we wish we could have again.
Questions we wish we had asked.
Telephone calls we wish we had made.
Words we wish we had spoken.
So speak them now.
“I love you.”
“You matter to me.”
“I've noticed you haven't seemed like yourself lately.”
“Do you want to talk?”
“I'm here.”
“We can get help together.”
Never assume somebody else will make the call.
Never assume somebody else noticed.
Never assume someone knows how much they matter to you.
Tell them.
✝️ AND YES—THERE IS JESUS
I could not write a book about hope without talking about the One who has given me hope throughout my own life.
Jesus Christ.
But I am not offering Jesus as a slogan.
I am talking about the Savior who met hurting people where they were.
The One who touched the rejected.
The One who listened.
The One who showed compassion.
The One who wept.
The One who welcomed people others had written off.
The One who said:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” — Matthew 11:28
If you're hurting, you don't have to clean yourself up before coming to Him.
Come hurting.
Come confused.
Come angry.
Come exhausted.
Come with questions.
Come with tears.
JUST COME.
And while you pray, please allow other people to walk beside you too.
📕 THE BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW
You’re Hurting. I Understand. But Suicide Is Not the Answer
Hope, Healing, and the God Who Never Stopped Loving You
Available through Amazon KDP in:
📕 Paperback
📘 Hardcover
📱 Kindle eBook
Amazon ASIN: B0HL5VQ1FB
👉 https://tinyurl.com/yn5ssvej
Buy it for yourself.
Give it to someone you love.
Put a copy in the hands of someone who works with young people.
Share it with a pastor.
Give it to a veteran.
Place one where somebody who is hurting might find it.
And even if you never purchase a copy—
PLEASE SHARE THE MESSAGE.
Because the objective has always been bigger than selling books.
We want people to live.
🚨 IF YOU ARE THE PERSON I'VE BEEN TALKING TO...
Maybe you started reading this announcement thinking it was about somebody else.
But somewhere along the way, you realized:
He's talking about me.
Then please hear me.
Don't disappear tonight.
Don't isolate yourself with these thoughts.
Don't make a permanent decision in the middle of overwhelming pain.
Tell somebody what is happening.
In the United States, you can call or text 988 to reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, which provides free, confidential support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are in immediate life-threatening danger, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
If you're outside the United States, contact your local emergency services or an appropriate crisis service in your country.
And if the first person doesn't understand—
tell somebody else.
Keep reaching.
Keep talking.
Keep asking for help.
Because your life is worth fighting for.
ONE MORE NIGHT.
One more conversation.
One more telephone call.
One more prayer.
One more opportunity for someone to help.
One more sunrise.
Please don't let today's pain convince you that tomorrow has nothing left to offer.
YOU’RE HURTING.
I UNDERSTAND.
BUT SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER.
There is help.
There is hope.
And as long as you're still here—
YOUR STORY IS STILL BEING WRITTEN.
HELP US HELP THEM—ONE SOUL AT A TIME.
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations
We are your eyes, ears, mouths, and feet in Asia.
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International Bookstore
Knowledge and Wisdom in Book Form
100% of our book royalties support our missionary and outreach efforts.
@AmazonBooks @988Lifeline @NIMHgov @MentalHealthAm @AmericanFoundationforSuicidePrevention @VeteransCrisisLine
#YoureHurtingIUnderstand #SuicidePrevention #YouAreNotAlone #ThereIsHope #MentalHealthAwareness #ChooseLife #DepressionAwareness #PTSD #TraumaRecovery #GriefSupport #VeteransMentalHealth #FaithAndMentalHealth #MentalHealthMatters #ChristianBooks #ChristianLiving #CrisisSupport #HopeAndHealing #JesusChrist #BooksThatHelp #PilgrimOutreachMinistriesInternational

Comments
Post a Comment