📖 AFTER 26 YEARS, THE BOOK IS FINALLY HERE
You’re Hurting. I Understand. But Suicide Is Not the Answer Is Now Available on Amazon
There are books you decide to write.
And then there are books that seem to wait on you until the time is right.
Today, I am grateful—and more than a little emotional—to announce that my newest book,
YOU’RE HURTING. I UNDERSTAND. BUT SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER
Hope, Healing, and the God Who Never Stopped Loving You
is now available through Amazon KDP in Paperback, Hardcover, and Kindle eBook editions.
Amazon ASIN: B0HL5VQ1FB
Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/yn5ssvej
But this announcement is about much more than another book being published.
This one has been 26 years in the making.
❤️ I HAVE CARRIED THIS BOOK FOR 26 YEARS
There is something about this book that I have never shared publicly before.
I have been carrying it in my mind and heart for approximately 26 years.
When you see death all around you, you want to do something about it.
You want to stop it.
You want to reach somebody before they reach that terrible moment when pain convinces them there is no tomorrow.
But sometimes you simply don't know what that “something” is.
I didn't.
I cared.
I prayed.
I hurt for people and their families.
But I didn't know what I was supposed to do with what I was feeling.
Then, about 17 years ago, a well-known actor took his own life. He was someone whose movies I had grown up watching.
When I heard what had happened, I remember feeling so helpless.
There was that feeling again.
Lord, what can I do?
I couldn't go backward.
I couldn't change what had happened.
I couldn't sit down with that man.
I couldn't tell him:
“You're hurting. I understand. But please don't give up.”
And still, I didn't know what I was supposed to do.
Now, all these years later, I believe I understand.
This book is what I was supposed to do.
🪑 THIS BOOK PULLS UP A CHAIR
I didn't write this book to stand over hurting people.
I wrote it to sit beside them.
There is a tremendous difference.
A person contemplating suicide does not necessarily need another person telling them everything they're doing wrong.
Sometimes they need someone willing to say:
“Talk to me.”
“I'm listening.”
“I'm not going anywhere.”
“We'll get through the next few minutes together.”
This book talks honestly about depression, trauma, grief, PTSD, loneliness, failure, invisible wounds, suicidal thoughts, professional treatment, pastoral care, family, friends, faith, prayer, crisis intervention, safety planning, surviving an attempt, grieving a suicide loss, and finding reasons to keep living.
And yes, we talk about Jesus Christ.
But we don't pit faith against treatment.
A counselor is not the enemy of prayer.
A physician is not the enemy of faith.
A pastor does not have to compete with a mental-health professional.
Sometimes help has many hands.
💔 MAYBE THEY DON'T WANT TO DIE
There is something I desperately want people to understand.
Sometimes the person thinking about suicide doesn't truly want life to end.
They want the pain to end.
They simply cannot see another way.
That distinction matters.
Because perhaps another way exists that they cannot see from where they're sitting.
Perhaps there is treatment they haven't received.
A conversation they haven't had.
A person they haven't met.
A morning they haven't seen.
A prayer that hasn't yet been answered.
A chapter of their life that hasn't been written.
Pain does not get to decide how the story ends.
🙏 IF IT HELPS JUST ONE...
I have written many books.
But I cannot measure the value of this one merely by copies sold, rankings reached, reviews received, or royalties earned.
There is another measurement that matters far more to me.
One life.
If somewhere—a bedroom, dormitory, military barracks, hospital room, parked car, college campus, church pew, apartment, farmhouse, or city street—someone reaches the point where they believe they cannot continue...
and somehow this book reaches them...
and something on one page causes them to wait...
to put down the thought...
to pick up the telephone...
to tell somebody...
to call for help...
to pray one more prayer...
to make it through one more hour...
to see one more sunrise...
then I will count it all joy that this book had even a small part in their survival.
Twenty-six years.
Now I understand.
This is what I was supposed to do.
📚 NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON
You’re Hurting. I Understand. But Suicide Is Not the Answer
Hope, Healing, and the God Who Never Stopped Loving You
Available in:
📕 Paperback
📘 Hardcover
📱 Kindle eBook
Amazon ASIN: B0HL5VQ1FB
👉 https://tinyurl.com/yn5ssvej
Maybe you don't need this book today.
But perhaps you know someone who does.
Please consider sharing it.
Because sometimes we have no idea what another person is fighting behind the smile we see.
And sometimes one conversation, one person, one book—or one more reason to stay—can matter more than we will ever know.
❤️ YOU ARE NOT ALONE
If you are reading this while struggling with thoughts of suicide or immediate danger, please don't face this moment alone.
In the United States, call or text 988 to reach the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. If there is immediate life-threatening danger, contact emergency services.
Tell someone.
Reach again if the first person doesn't understand.
And please remember:
YOU’RE HURTING.
I UNDERSTAND.
BUT SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER.
There is help.
There is hope.
Your story isn't finished yet.
HELP US HELP THEM—ONE SOUL AT A TIME.
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations
We are your eyes, ears, mouths, and feet in Asia.
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
100% of our book royalties support our missionary and outreach efforts.
@AmazonBooks @988Lifeline @NIMHgov @MentalHealthAm @AmericanFoundationforSuicidePrevention @VeteransCrisisLine
#YoureHurtingIUnderstand #SuicidePrevention #MentalHealthAwareness #ChooseLife #ThereIsHope #YouAreNotAlone #DepressionAwareness #PTSD #TraumaRecovery #GriefSupport #ChristianBooks #ChristianLiving #FaithAndMentalHealth #MentalHealthMatters #CrisisSupport #VeteransMentalHealth #HopeAndHealing #JesusChrist #BooksThatHelp #PilgrimOutreachMinistriesInternational

Comments
Post a Comment