✝️ WHEN “I BELIEVE” IS NOT THE FINISH LINE
Living for Jesus Christ When Most of the World Chooses Another Way
“Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” — Matthew 25:21
There is a difference between knowing about Jesus Christ and belonging to Him.
There is a difference between attending church and following Christ.
There is a difference between saying, “I believe in God,” and surrendering your life to Him.
And there is a difference between beginning the Christian journey and finishing it faithfully.
Living for God and serving the Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart, mind, soul, and spirit is, as the old saying goes, what separates the men from the boys.
This isn't casual Christianity.
This isn't Sunday-morning Christianity.
This isn't Christianity when it's convenient, popular, profitable, or comfortable.
This is:
“JESUS CHRIST, YOU HAVE ALL OF ME.”
And according to Scripture, relatively few people will ultimately make that decision.
I would to God that were not true.
BUT JESUS SAID IT.
🚪 THE WORDS OF JESUS THAT SHOULD MAKE EVERYONE THINK
Jesus said:
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:” — Matthew 7:13
Then He continued:
“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” — Matthew 7:14
Read those words carefully.
Many.
And—
Few.
Those aren't my words.
Those aren't denominational statistics.
Those aren't the conclusions of some theologian sitting behind a desk.
JESUS SAID THEM.
The broad way has many travelers.
The narrow way has few.
That ought to get our attention.
⚠️ MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT BE SAVED
That's difficult to write.
It's even more difficult to contemplate.
Think about all the human beings who have ever lived.
Every civilization.
Every generation.
Every nation.
Every language.
Every tribe.
Every king and president.
Every wealthy person.
Every poor person.
Every famous person whose name filled history books.
Every unknown person who lived and died without the world ever noticing.
Those alive today.
And those who will be born tomorrow.
Scripture presents a sobering reality:
THE MAJORITY WILL NOT CHOOSE THE WAY THAT LEADS TO LIFE.
I wish I could change that.
I wish every person would receive Jesus Christ.
And God Himself takes “no pleasure in the death of the wicked” but calls the wicked to turn from his way and live. See Ezekiel 33:11.
Peter tells us that God is “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” See 2 Peter 3:9.
God's heart isn't delighting in people being lost.
NEITHER SHOULD OURS.
If believing that many people are lost makes us arrogant rather than brokenhearted, something is wrong with us.
This truth should not make Christians stand taller in pride.
IT SHOULD DRIVE US TO OUR KNEES.
🙏 “BUT I BELIEVE IN GOD”
I'm glad you do.
But we need to go farther.
James wrote:
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” — James 2:19
Think about that.
The devil isn't an atheist.
Demons don't question whether God exists.
They know.
So merely acknowledging God's existence cannot be the biblical definition of saving faith.
The question isn't merely:
“DO YOU BELIEVE GOD EXISTS?”
The question is:
“HAVE YOU SURRENDERED YOUR LIFE TO JESUS CHRIST?”
⛪ “BUT I GO TO CHURCH”
Wonderful.
Keep going.
Find a Bible-believing, Bible-teaching, Christ-centered church and be faithful.
But sitting inside a church building cannot save anybody.
You can know the hymns.
Know when to stand.
Know when to sit.
Know when to say Amen.
Know church language.
Carry the biggest Bible in the building.
Serve on committees.
Sing in the choir.
Preach from the pulpit.
And still never truly surrender your heart to Christ.
Jesus gave one of the most frightening warnings in the New Testament:
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven...” — Matthew 7:21
That's sobering because these aren't people saying:
“We don't know Jesus.”
They're saying:
“LORD, LORD.”
Religious vocabulary is not the same as a redeemed heart.
🔥 GOD DOESN'T WANT A PIECE OF YOU
Jesus was asked which commandment was greatest.
His answer leaves little room for halfhearted Christianity:
“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength...” — Mark 12:30
Notice the repeated word:
ALL.
All your heart.
All your soul.
All your mind.
All your strength.
God isn't looking for custody of your life every other weekend.
He isn't asking for Sunday morning while the world gets Monday through Saturday.
He isn't asking to be included somewhere among your priorities.
HE IS LORD.
That's what makes genuine discipleship demanding.
Jesus isn't merely asking us to add Him to our lives.
He calls us to surrender our lives to Him.
✝️ SALVATION CANNOT BE EARNED
Now we need an important guardrail.
When we talk about serving God wholeheartedly, obedience, faithfulness, and hearing “Well done,” somebody could mistakenly conclude:
“Then I have to work hard enough to earn heaven.”
No.
Absolutely not.
The Bible is clear:
“For by grace are ye saved through faith... Not of works, lest any man should boast.” — Ephesians 2:8–9
We aren't saved because we served enough.
We aren't saved because we preached enough.
We aren't saved because we gave enough.
We aren't saved because we behaved better than somebody else.
WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST.
But keep reading.
The very next verse says:
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works...” — Ephesians 2:10
Works don't purchase salvation.
A TRANSFORMED LIFE FOLLOWS SALVATION.
We don't serve Christ to become saved.
We serve Christ because we belong to Him.
That's an enormous difference.
🌳 FRUIT TELLS YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE TREE
Jesus said:
“Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” — Matthew 7:20
An apple tree doesn't become an apple tree because apples appear on it.
Apples appear because that's what the tree is.
Likewise, obedience doesn't purchase salvation.
But when Jesus Christ truly changes a life, something should eventually begin appearing.
Love.
Repentance.
Forgiveness.
Compassion.
Holiness.
Faithfulness.
Obedience.
A hunger for God's Word.
A desire to pray.
Concern for lost souls.
A willingness to serve.
Not perfection.
TRANSFORMATION.
There should be evidence that Jesus has been there.
💰 THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS MAKES THIS PERSONAL
Matthew 25:21 comes from Jesus' Parable of the Talents.
A master entrusted resources to his servants and then departed.
Eventually—
HE RETURNED.
And when he returned, there was an accounting.
That's the part we sometimes forget.
We love discussing what God has given us.
Our gifts.
Our abilities.
Our opportunities.
Our resources.
Our influence.
Our time.
But Scripture continually reminds us that stewardship eventually leads to accountability.
One day we will answer for what we did with what God entrusted to us.
The faithful servant heard:
“Well done, thou good and faithful servant...”
Notice something.
He didn't hear:
“Well talked.”
He didn't hear:
“Well intended.”
He didn't hear:
“Well planned.”
He heard:
“WELL DONE.”
⏳ WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH WHAT GOD GAVE YOU?
God didn't give everybody the same assignment.
He didn't give everybody the same resources.
He didn't give everybody the same platform.
He didn't give everybody the same number of years.
But He has entrusted something to every one of us.
So ask yourself:
What am I doing with my time?
What am I doing with my abilities?
What am I doing with my influence?
What am I doing with my money?
What am I doing with my opportunities?
What am I doing with the Gospel I've received?
Most importantly:
WHAT AM I DOING WITH JESUS?
Because one day there won't be another tomorrow to make the decision.
👑 “WELL DONE”
I have thought about those two words many times.
Of all the compliments we could ever receive, none could compare.
Not:
“You were famous.”
Not:
“You became wealthy.”
Not:
“Everybody liked you.”
Not:
“You built an impressive career.”
Not:
“Your name was known around the world.”
But to stand before the Lord Jesus Christ and hear:
“WELL DONE.”
Imagine it.
The One who knew every weakness.
Every battle.
Every temptation.
Every tear.
Every sacrifice nobody else saw.
Every prayer prayed in secret.
Every time you wanted to quit but continued.
Every time you obeyed when obedience cost you something.
Every time you chose Christ when the world offered something easier.
And then—
“WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.”
What could possibly compare with that?
🌎 THE WORLD IS WALKING THE OTHER DIRECTION
Following crowds has always been easier.
The broad road is broad for a reason.
There is plenty of room.
You can carry your pride.
Your sin.
Your rebellion.
Your self-rule.
Your excuses.
Your own version of truth.
And you'll have plenty of company.
The narrow way requires something entirely different.
SURRENDER.
Jesus said:
“If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” — Luke 9:23
That doesn't sound like casual Christianity.
Deny yourself.
Take up your cross.
Daily.
Follow Me.
Christianity isn't simply inviting Jesus to accompany you wherever you decide to go.
IT IS FOLLOWING JESUS WHEREVER HE LEADS.
🚨 DON'T LET “FEW” BECOME SOMEBODY ELSE'S PROBLEM
Whenever we read that few find the narrow way, our minds naturally begin evaluating everybody else.
Don't.
Start with the person in the mirror.
Paul wrote:
“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith...” — 2 Corinthians 13:5
Not your neighbor.
Not your spouse.
Not the politician you dislike.
Not another denomination.
Not somebody on social media.
YOU.
Ask yourself:
Do I know Jesus Christ?
Have I truly repented?
Am I trusting Christ for salvation?
Does He have my life—or merely part of it?
Am I following Him or simply identifying myself as Christian?
If Jesus returned today, am I ready?
Those questions matter more than almost anything else you'll consider today.
❤️ AND THEN LOOK AT THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU
Once you've examined your own heart, look outward.
If the broad road really leads to destruction—
WHY ARE WE SO QUIET?
If people really need Jesus—
why are we embarrassed to mention Him?
If eternity really exists—
why are we living as though this present world is everything?
If salvation really is found in Christ—
why wouldn't we tell somebody?
This isn't about frightening people into a religious institution.
This is about loving people enough to tell them the truth.
THE GOSPEL IS GOOD NEWS BECAUSE WITHOUT JESUS THE NEWS IS TERRIBLE.
🙌 I WOULD TO GOD THAT EVERYONE WOULD BE SAVED
If I could choose, everyone would come to Christ.
Every man.
Every woman.
Every young person.
Every nation.
Every race.
Every language.
Every social class.
Every political persuasion.
Every person walking this earth.
COME TO JESUS.
But God doesn't force people to love Him.
He calls.
He convicts.
He invites.
The Gospel goes forth.
And each person must respond.
✝️ PERHAPS YOU'RE READING THIS FOR A REASON
Maybe you've spent years around Christianity but never truly surrendered to Christ.
Maybe you've called yourself Christian because your parents were Christians.
Maybe you were baptized.
Maybe your name is on a church roll.
Maybe you know Scripture.
Maybe you've even served in ministry.
But something inside you knows:
“I HAVE NEVER GIVEN JESUS ALL OF ME.”
Then don't argue with that conviction.
Don't postpone it.
Don't assume tomorrow belongs to you.
Come to Jesus Christ.
Repent of your sins.
Believe the Gospel.
Trust His death and resurrection.
Surrender your life to Him.
And begin following Him.
Not halfway.
Not occasionally.
Not merely when convenient.
WITH ALL YOUR HEART, MIND, SOUL, AND SPIRIT.
🙏 A PRAYER OF SURRENDER
Lord Jesus,
I don't want merely to know about You.
I want to know You.
I confess that I am a sinner and cannot save myself.
I believe You died for my sins and rose again.
Forgive me.
Cleanse me.
Save me.
Take my heart.
Take my mind.
Take my soul.
Take my strength.
Take my plans.
Take my future.
TAKE ALL OF ME.
Teach me to follow You when following is easy and when following is difficult.
Give me courage to walk the narrow road even when the crowd chooses another way.
Help me live faithfully with everything You entrust to me.
And when my earthly journey is finished, there is nothing I desire more than to hear:
“WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.”
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
🔥 WHEN EVERYTHING IS FINALLY SAID AND DONE...
One day the applause of this world will stop.
Our possessions will belong to somebody else.
Our titles will disappear.
Our careers will end.
Our bodies will return to the earth.
And every earthly achievement will suddenly look very small beside eternity.
Then one thing will matter above everything else:
DID I KNOW JESUS CHRIST—AND DID I FAITHFULLY FOLLOW HIM?
The broad road may be crowded.
Don't choose it because everybody else did.
The narrow road may be lonely.
WALK IT ANYWAY.
Serve Jesus when it's popular.
Serve Him when it's unpopular.
Serve Him when you're young.
Serve Him when you're old.
Serve Him when people understand.
Serve Him when they don't.
Serve Him when it costs nothing.
Serve Him when it costs everything.
LIVE SO THAT WHEN YOUR JOURNEY IS FINISHED, HEAVEN'S VERDICT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS:
“WELL DONE, THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.”
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
@MENTIONS
@joybells49 @YouVersion @BibleGateway @JesusFilm @BillyGraham @OurDailyBread @SamaritansPurse @AmericanBible @BibleProject @CruGlobal
#HASHTAGS
#WellDone #GoodAndFaithfulServant #Matthew25 #NarrowWay #BroadWay #FollowJesus #ServeTheLord #AllForJesus #SurrenderToGod #ChristianLiving #TrueDiscipleship #CountTheCost #FaithfulServant #Faithfulness #Salvation #BornAgain #JesusSaves #JesusChrist #JesusIsLord #GospelTruth #BiblicalTruth #RepentAndBelieve #WalkWithGod #LiveForJesus #ChristianFaith #EternalLife #Heaven #AreYouReady #ExamineYourself #GreatCommission #ReachTheLost #OneMoreSoul #ChristianMissions #WorldMissions #PilgrimOutreach #YourFeetToTheNations

Comments
Post a Comment