✝️ HOW DID YOU COME TO JESUS?
Your Salvation Testimony May Be the Story Someone Else Needs to Hear
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” — Romans 10:17
I was 14 years old when my life changed forever.
It happened following a roller-skating accident.
At the time, I could never have fully understood how that event would become connected to the most important decision I would ever make. But through those circumstances, I came face-to-face with something far greater than an accident.
I CAME TO JESUS CHRIST.
I accepted Him as my Lord and Saviour.
And from that encounter—
MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME.
Not because every day since then has been easy.
It hasn't.
Not because I've never made mistakes.
I have.
Not because following Jesus somehow removed every trial, disappointment, heartache, or difficult season from my life.
It didn't.
But through every season, there has remained one undeniable dividing line in my story:
BEFORE I MET JESUS—AND AFTER I MET JESUS.
📖 FAITH COMES BY HEARING
Paul wrote:
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” — Romans 10:17
Somebody has to hear.
And for somebody to hear—
SOMEBODY HAS TO TELL.
That's one reason your testimony matters.
Someone needs to hear what Jesus did for you.
Someone needs to know where you were when He found you.
Someone needs to know what your life was like before Christ.
Someone needs to hear how the Gospel reached you.
Someone needs to know that God still saves.
❤️ EVERY SALVATION STORY IS DIFFERENT
Perhaps you came to Jesus as a child.
Maybe you were a teenager, as I was.
Perhaps you were 30.
Maybe you were sitting in church.
Maybe somebody witnessed to you at work.
Perhaps you heard a preacher on television or radio.
Maybe somebody handed you a Bible.
Maybe a friend invited you to church.
Perhaps you were lying in a hospital bed.
Sitting in a jail cell.
Standing beside a grave.
Going through a divorce.
Fighting addiction.
Facing financial ruin.
Celebrating tremendous success but discovering that something was still missing.
Or perhaps nothing dramatic happened at all.
You simply heard the Gospel, the Holy Spirit convicted your heart, and you realized:
“I NEED JESUS.”
The circumstances may be different.
The backgrounds may be different.
The ages may be different.
But salvation has one center:
JESUS CHRIST.
🗣️ YOUR TESTIMONY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE SENSATIONAL
Sometimes people hesitate to share their testimony because they think:
“My story isn't dramatic enough.”
Maybe you weren't rescued from drugs.
Maybe you weren't imprisoned.
Maybe you didn't survive some terrible catastrophe.
Maybe you grew up in church and came to Christ at an early age.
Don't minimize that.
YOU WERE STILL SAVED.
The greatest miracle in your testimony isn't how bad you were before Jesus.
The greatest miracle is that—
JESUS SAVED YOU.
That's enough.
🔥 SOMEBODY NEEDS TO HEAR YOUR STORY
Revelation 12:11 speaks of overcoming “by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.”
There is something powerful about hearing another person say:
“I was there.”
“This happened to me.”
“I called upon Jesus.”
“He saved me.”
“He changed my life.”
Your testimony makes the Gospel personal.
It tells someone:
“THE JESUS YOU'VE BEEN HEARING ABOUT IS THE JESUS I HAVE EXPERIENCED FOR MYSELF.”
And somebody reading your story may recognize themselves in it.
🌱 YOUR TESTIMONY MAY PLANT A SEED
You may share your salvation story and see no immediate response.
Share it anyway.
Someone may read it and say nothing.
Share it anyway.
Someone may appear uninterested.
Share it anyway.
Remember Romans 10:17:
“FAITH COMETH BY HEARING...”
We don't control what happens after the seed is planted.
That's God's department.
Our responsibility is to faithfully tell what we know.
🙌 I WAS 14—AND JESUS CHANGED EVERYTHING
Looking back across the years, I can see that the decision I made following that roller-skating accident didn't merely affect one Sunday, one year, or one season.
It changed the direction of my entire life.
My journey eventually carried me through military service, marriage and family, ministry, preaching, writing, missions, and across oceans into places I could never have imagined at 14 years old.
Did I understand all of that when I came to Christ?
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I simply knew I needed Jesus.
God knew the rest.
And perhaps that's something somebody needs to hear today:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING GOD WILL DO WITH YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM.
Come to Jesus.
He'll take care of the journey.
✍️ NOW WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
This time, I don't want this blog post to end with me doing all the talking.
I WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORY.
How did you come to Jesus Christ?
How old were you?
Where were you?
Who told you about Jesus?
Was there a particular Scripture, sermon, person, circumstance, or event God used to get your attention?
When did you realize you needed to be saved?
What happened when you surrendered your life to Christ?
And perhaps most importantly:
HOW HAS JESUS CHANGED YOUR LIFE SINCE THEN?
Tell us.
You don't need to write a book.
A paragraph is fine.
A few sentences are fine.
If your testimony requires more space, tell the whole story.
But tell it.
📣 LET'S TURN THE COMMENTS INTO TESTIMONIES
Imagine someone coming across this post who doesn't know Jesus.
They read my testimony.
Then yours.
Then somebody else's.
One person says:
“Jesus saved me when I was 12.”
Another:
“Jesus found me when I was 40.”
Another:
“I thought my life was over—but Jesus gave me a new beginning.”
Another:
“I grew up in church but didn't truly surrender to Christ until years later.”
Another:
“Somebody shared the Gospel with me, and everything changed.”
Story after story.
Testimony after testimony.
People from different backgrounds, countries, generations, professions, and circumstances saying:
“JESUS CHRIST SAVED ME.”
Think about the witness that could become.
🌎 YOUR STORY CAN TRAVEL FARTHER THAN YOU
You may never preach from a pulpit.
You may never become a missionary.
You may never write a Christian book.
But you have something no preacher, missionary, pastor, or author can give for you:
YOUR TESTIMONY.
Only you can tell what Jesus did in your life.
And today, because of technology, a testimony written from your kitchen table can cross oceans in seconds.
Somebody thousands of miles away could read what God did for you.
And perhaps your story becomes part of how God reaches them.
THAT'S WHY WE WANT YOU TO SHARE IT.
🙏 MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE A SALVATION TESTIMONY—YET
Perhaps you've read this entire post and realized:
“I can't tell you when I came to Jesus because I'm not sure I ever have.”
Then perhaps today can become the beginning of your testimony.
The Bible says:
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” — Romans 10:13
Jesus Christ died for our sins.
He was buried.
He rose again.
Salvation isn't something you earn.
It's God's gift received through faith.
Call upon Him.
Repent.
Believe.
Surrender.
COME TO JESUS CHRIST.
And one day, when somebody asks:
“How did you get saved?”
perhaps you'll say:
“I WAS READING A TESTIMONY ONE DAY—AND GOD BEGAN DEALING WITH MY HEART.”
Wouldn't that be something?
❤️ SO, FAMILY—TELL US YOUR STORY
I'll begin:
I WAS 14 YEARS OLD.
A roller-skating accident became part of the circumstances God used to bring me to the place where I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
That encounter changed the direction of my life.
I've experienced mountaintops and valleys since then.
I've had good days and difficult ones.
But I have never regretted giving my life to Jesus Christ.
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN.
How did YOU come to Jesus?
Share your salvation testimony.
Share your faith.
Share your journey.
Tell somebody what Jesus has done for you.
Because somewhere, somebody may be waiting to hear exactly what God has placed in your story.
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” — Romans 10:17
YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MAY FIND FAITH BECAUSE YOU WERE WILLING TO TELL THEM HOW YOU FOUND JESUS.
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
@MENTIONS
@joybells49 @YouVersion @BibleGateway @JesusFilm @BillyGraham @OurDailyBread @AmericanBible @BibleProject @CruGlobal @TBN
#HASHTAGS
#MySalvationStory #ShareYourTestimony #HowIMetJesus #JesusSavedMe #Romans1017 #FaithComesByHearing #ChristianTestimony #SalvationTestimony #MyTestimony #TellYourStory #ShareYourFaith #JesusChrist #JesusSaves #BornAgain #SavedByGrace #GospelTruth #ChristianFaith #ChangedByJesus #NewLifeInChrist #GiveYourLifeToJesus #ComeToJesus #FaithJourney #WalkWithJesus #Testify #WordOfGod #SpreadTheGospel #ReachTheLost #GreatCommission #OneMoreSoul #ChristianMissions #PilgrimOutreach #YourFeetToTheNations

Comments
Post a Comment