- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
🌙 BEFORE YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES—PRAY
Make Prayer a Habit at the Beginning and End of Every Day
The day is almost over.
Some things went exactly as planned.
Others didn't.
There were blessings you recognized, blessings you probably missed, problems you solved, and perhaps a few concerns that will still be waiting tomorrow.
But before you carry any of them into your sleep—
GIVE THEM TO GOD.
📖 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.” — Psalm 4:8
We should develop a simple spiritual habit:
🌅 BEGIN THE DAY WITH GOD.
🌙 END THE DAY WITH GOD.
Before the telephone.
Before the news.
Before social media.
Before the demands of the morning—
Pray.
And when the work is finished, the house grows quiet, and another day becomes history—
Pray again.
Prayer should not merely be what we do when life goes wrong.
PRAYER SHOULD BECOME THE RHYTHM OF OUR LIVES.
🙏 AN END-OF-THE-DAY PRAYER
Heavenly Father,
Before I close my eyes tonight, I want my final conversation of this day to be with You.
First, Lord—
THANK YOU.
Thank You for waking me this morning.
Thank You for carrying me through another day.
Thank You for the food I ate, the clothes I wore, the people I love, the roof over my head, and every provision I so easily take for granted.
Thank You for prayers You answered.
Thank You for dangers You kept from me that I never knew existed.
Thank You for doors You opened.
And, Father, thank You even for some doors You closed.
I may not understand everything You did today—
BUT I TRUST YOU.
Father, forgive me.
If I spoke words today that I should not have spoken, forgive me.
If I entertained thoughts that were displeasing to You, cleanse my mind.
If pride, anger, jealousy, bitterness, selfishness, impatience, lust, unbelief, or unforgiveness found room in my heart—
remove it.
If You gave me an opportunity to help someone and I walked past it, forgive me.
If You spoke and I refused to listen—
forgive me.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Lord, tonight I release what I cannot control.
I release tomorrow's bills.
Tomorrow's appointments.
Tomorrow's decisions.
Tomorrow's problems.
Tomorrow's uncertainties.
Tomorrow's conversations.
Tomorrow's responsibilities.
TOMORROW BELONGS TO YOU.
There is no reason for me to spend tonight worrying about a day that has not yet arrived.
Give me peace.
Quiet my thoughts.
Calm my heart.
And help me rest.
❤️ LORD, REMEMBER THOSE WHO CANNOT SLEEP TONIGHT
Somebody is lying awake in a hospital.
Somebody is grieving.
Somebody is frightened.
Somebody is hungry.
Somebody is homeless.
Somebody is waiting for a telephone call.
Somebody is worried about their child.
Somebody's marriage is hurting.
Somebody is deployed far from home.
Somebody is working through the night.
Some missionary somewhere is exhausted.
Some pastor is carrying burdens nobody knows about.
Some family is recovering from disaster.
Somebody has reached rock bottom.
And somebody tonight is wondering whether there is any reason to keep believing.
FATHER, PLEASE VISIT THEM WITH YOUR GRACE, COMFORT, PROVISION, AND PEACE.
Remind them that they have not been forgotten.
👨👩👧👦 LORD, WATCH OVER OUR FAMILIES
Protect our children and grandchildren.
Strengthen marriages.
Comfort our elderly.
Protect those traveling.
Watch over our homes.
Strengthen those who are sick.
Give wisdom to those facing difficult decisions.
Protect our military personnel, first responders, healthcare workers, law-enforcement officers, teachers, pastors, missionaries, caregivers, and everyone serving others through the night.
And Lord, remember those who don't know Jesus Christ.
Draw them.
Convict them.
Love them.
Send someone across their path who will tell them the Good News.
LET ONE MORE SOUL COME HOME.
🌎 FATHER, REMEMBER OUR WORLD
We pray for nations experiencing war.
Communities recovering from disaster.
Children living in poverty.
Those suffering persecution.
Victims of trafficking and exploitation.
The hungry.
The homeless.
The forgotten.
Give wisdom to national leaders.
Bring peace where there is conflict.
Justice where there is wrongdoing.
Compassion where hearts have grown cold.
And revival where people have wandered from You.
🕊️ AND NOW, LORD, I REST
The problems I could solve today, I have done what I could.
The things I couldn't solve—
I LEAVE WITH YOU.
I refuse to drag tomorrow's burdens into tonight's bed.
You are God while I am awake.
And You will still be God while I sleep.
So I rest beneath Your care.
If it is Your will that I awaken tomorrow morning, let one of my first thoughts be:
“THANK YOU, LORD, FOR ANOTHER DAY.”
Then help me begin again—
with prayer.
Thank You for today.
Forgive my failures.
Receive my gratitude.
Protect my family.
Remember the hurting.
Save the lost.
Strengthen Your Church.
Guide our ministry.
And give us peaceful rest.
📖 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep...” — Psalm 4:8
In the wonderful, matchless name of Jesus Christ,
AMEN. 🙏
🌅🌙 MAKE THIS YOUR HABIT
Morning: Before you face the world, talk to God.
Evening: Before you close your eyes, talk to God again.
You don't need perfect words.
You don't need an hour.
You don't need to sound like anybody else.
JUST PRAY.
Start your day saying:
“Lord, lead me.”
End your day saying:
“Lord, thank You.”
Then do it again tomorrow.
Because prayer was never intended to be merely an emergency response.
PRAYER IS A WAY OF LIFE.
Good night, everyone. May the Lord give you and your family peaceful rest. 🌙🙏
Pilgrim Outreach Ministries International
Your Feet to the Nations
🌎 Ministry: pomitaly.homestead.com
📚 Bookstore: thewilltosucceed.homestead.com
📰 Ministry Blog: joybells49.blogspot.com
@MENTIONS
@joybells49 @YouVersion @BibleGateway @AmericanBible @BibleProject @OurDailyBread @BillyGraham @SamaritansPurse @JesusFilm @CruGlobal @TBN @CBNNews @ChristianPost @InTouchMin
#HASHTAGS
#GoodNightPrayer #EveningPrayer #BedtimePrayer #PrayBeforeYouSleep #BeginAndEndWithGod #MakePrayerAHabit #PrayerLife #DailyPrayer #PrayFirst #PrayWithoutCeasing #PrayerChangesThings #PowerOfPrayer #Psalm48 #PeacefulSleep #RestInGod #GiveItToGod #TrustGod #GodIsFaithful #ThankYouLord #ChristianPrayer #ChristianLiving #WalkWithGod #FamilyPrayer #PrayForYourFamily #PrayForTheWorld #PrayForMissionaries #PrayForOurMilitary #PrayForTheHurting #JesusChrist #Faith #Hope #Grace #OneMoreSoul #GreatCommission #ChristianMissions #PilgrimOutreach #YourFeetToTheNations
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment